The scholarship available on the study of Ancient Greek Epigraphy.
- Cook, B.F., Greek inscriptions, London, 1990.
- Bodel, J.P., Epigraphic evidence: ancient history from inscriptions, London, 2001.
- Fornara, C.W., Archaic times to the end of the Peloponnesian War, Cambrdge, 1983.
- Harding, P., From the end of the Peloponnesian war to the battle of Ipsus, Cambridge, 1985.
- Hedrick Jr., C.W., ‘Democracy and the Athenian Epigraphical Habit’ in Hesperia: The Journal of the American School of Classical Studies at Athens 68.3, 1999, 387-439.
- Meiggs, R. & Lewis, D.M., Greek Historical Inscriptions, Oxford, 1969.
- Tod, M.N., A Selection of Greek historical inscriptions to the end of the 5th century B.C., Oxford, 1950.
- Thomas, R., Oral tradition and written record in classical Athens, Cambridge, 1989.
- Woodhead, A.G., The study of Greek inscriptions, London, 1992.