The scholarship available on the politics of Ancient Greece.
- Balot, R.K., Greek political thought, Malden MA, 2006.
- Lewis, S., Greek tyranny, Exeter, 2009.
- Rhodes, P.J., Athenian democracy, Edinburgh, 2004.
- Rowe, C. & Schofield, M., (ed.) The Cambridge history of Greek and Roman political thought, Cambridge, 2000.
- Berger, S., Revolution and society in Greek Sicily and Southern Italy, Stuttgart, 1992.
- Brock, R. & Hodkinson, S., Alternatives to Athens: varieties of political organization and community in ancient Greece, Oxford, 2000.
- Hansen, M.M., Flensted-Jenson, P., Nielsen, T.H. & Rubinstein, L., (ed.) Polis & politics: studies in ancient Greek history : presented to Mogens Herman Hansen on his sixtieth birthday, August 20, 2000, Copenhagen, 2000.
- Larsen, J.A.O., Greek federal states: their institutions and history, Oxford, 1968.
- Lintott, A., Violence, civil strife and revolution in the classical city, 750-330 BC, London, 1987.
- Mitchell, L.G., ‘Greek government‘ in A companion to the classical Greek world, Malden MA, 2006, 367-386.
- Ober, J., The Athenian revolution: essays on ancient Greek democracy and political theory, Princeton, 1996.
- Ostwald, M., Oligarchia: the development of a constitutional form in Ancient Greece, Stuttgart, 2000.
- Ostwald, M., ‘Oligarchy and oligarchs in Ancient Greece’ in Polis & politics: studies in ancient Greek history : presented to Mogens Herman Hansen on his sixtieth birthday, August 20, 2000, Copenhagen, 2000, 385-396.