The scholarship available on Ancient Greek Warfare.
- Garlan, Y. & Lloyd, J., War in the ancient world: a social history, London, 1975.
- Hanson, V.D., Warfare and agriculture in Ancient Greece, London, 1982.
- Connor, W.I., ‘Early Greek Land Warfare as Symbolic Expression’ in Past & Present 119, 1988, 3-29.
- Finley, M.I., ‘War and empire’ in Ancient history: evidence and models, London, 1985.
- Hodkinson, S., Warfare, wealth and the crisis of Spartiate society in War and society in the Greek world, london, 1993, 146-176.
- Lendon, J.E., Soldiers and ghosts: a history of battle in classical antiquity, New Haven CT, 2005.
- Raaflaub, K., Father of all, destroyer of all: war in late fifth-century Athenian discourse and ideology in War and democracy: a comparative study of the Korean War and the Peloponnesian War, New York, 2015, 307-356.
- Shipley, G., ‘The limits of war’ in War and society in the Greek world, London, 1993, 1-24.