The scholarship available on the Roman city of Pompeii.
- Beard, M., Pompeii: the life of a Roman town, London, 2008.
- Berry, J., The complete Pompeii, London, 2007.
- Coarelli, F., Pompeii, New York, 2002.
- Dobbins, J.J. & Foss, P.W., The world of Pompeii, London, 2007.
- Wallace-Hadrill, A., Houses and society in Pompeii and Herculaneum, Princeton NJ, 1994.
- Anderson, M., ‘Public buildings and private opportunities: some dynamics in Pompeii’s urban development’ in Journal of Roman Archaeology 28, 2015, 71-95.
- Ball, L.F. & Dobbins, J.J., ‘Pompeii Forum Project: Current Thinking on the Pompeii Forum’ in American Journal of Archaeology 117, 2013, 461-492.
- Bergmann, B., ‘The Roman House as Memory Theater: The House of the Tragic Poet in Pompeii‘ in The Art Bulletin 76, 1994, 225-256.
- Dobbins, J.J., ‘Problems of Chronology, Decoration, and Urban Design in the Forum at Pompeii’ in American Journal of Archaeology 98, 1994, 629-694.
- Dobbins, J.J., ‘The imperial cult building in the Forum at Pompeii’ in Subject and ruler: the cult of the ruling power in classical antiquity : papers presented at a conference held in The University of Alberta on April 13-15, 1994 to celebrate the 65th anniversary of Duncan Fishwick, Ann Arbor MI, 1996, 99-114.
- Hales, S. & Paul, J., Pompeii in the public imagination from its rediscovery to today, Oxford, 2011.
- Jones, R. & Robinson, D., ‘The making of an élite house: the House of the Vestals at Pompeii’ in Journal of Roman Archaeology 17, 2004, 107-130.
- Laurence, R., Roman Pompeii: space and society, London, 2007.
- Laurence, R., ‘Pompeii and the ager Pompeianus’ in A companion to Roman Italy, Chichester, 2016, 401-16.
- Ling, R., Pompeii: history, life & afterlife, Stroud, 2005.
- Lorenz, K., ‘The Ear of the Beholder. Spectator Figures and Narrative Structure in Pompeian Painting’ in Art History, 2007.
- McGinn, T.A., Pompeian brothels, Pompeii’s ancient history, mirrors and mysteries, art and nature at Oplontis, & the Herculaneum ‘Basilica’, Portsmouth RI, 2002.
- Osanna, M., ‘Games, banquets, handouts, and the population of Pompeii as deduced from a new tomb inscription’ in Journal of Roman Archaeology 31, 2018, 310-322.
- Richardson, L., Pompeii: an architectural history, Baltimore, 1988.
- Wallace-Hadrill, A., ‘Public honour and private shame: the urban texture of Pompeii’ in Urban society in Roman Italy, London, 1995, 39-62.
- Zanker, P. & Schneider, D.L., Pompeii: public and private life, Cambridge MA, 1998.