The scholarship available on the Republican City of Rome.
- Coulston, J. & Dodge, H., Ancient Rome: the archaeology of the eternal city, Oxford, 2000, Ch 2-3.
- Stambaugh, J.E., The ancient Roman city, Baltimore, 1988, Ch 1-3.
- Boethius, A. Etruscan and early Roman architecture, London, 1978.
- Dyson, S.L., Rome: a living portrait of an ancient city, Baltimore, 2010, Ch 2-4.
- Holloway, R.R., The archaeology of early Rome and Latium, London, 1994.
- Maxwell Barton, I., Roman public buildings, Exeter, 1989, 36-43.
- Russell, A., The politics of public space in Republican Rome, Cambridge, 2016.
- Smith, C.J., Early Rome and Latium: economy and society, c.1000 to 500 BC, Oxford, 1996.
- Ziolkowski, A., The temples of mid-Republican Rome and their historical and topographical context, Rome, 1992.