The scholarship available on the Antonine Wall.
- Breeze, D.J., The Antonine Wall: the north-west frontier of the Roman Wall : proposed as a World Heritage Site, Edinburgh, 2004.
- Hanson, W.S. & Maxwell, G., Rome’s north-west frontier: the Antonine Wall, Edinburgh, 1983.
- Keppie, L.J.F., The antiquarian rediscovery of the Antonine Wall, Edinburgh, 2012.
- Breeze, D.J., The Northern frontiers of Roman Britain, London, 1982.
- Breeze, D.J., Roman Scotland: frontier country, London, 1996.
- Breeze, D.J., Bearsden: a Roman fort on the Antonine Wall, Edinburgh, 2016.
- Breeze, D.J. & Dobson, B., Hadrian’s Wall, London, 2000.
- Collingwood Bruce, J., Handbook to the Roman Wall, 1966.
- Hassall, M., ‘The internal planning of Roman auxiliary forts’in Rome and her northern provinces: papers presented to Sheppard Frere in honour of his retirement from the Chair of the Archaeology of the Roman Empire, University of Oxford, 1983, Oxford, 1983, 96-131.